Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Wonderful World of Meetings


Just back from the Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) conference in Philadelphia. It was my first time attending. As a visual person, I really enjoyed putting faces to the names and the works I've seen either online or in print. I had a great lunch with Lark Book senior editor Marthe Le Van, who couldn't be more personable and enthusiastic about her work.

The weather was beautiful for the self guided gallery tour of exhibitions held in conjunction with the conference. As a volunteer that night, I came home with one of the coveted tee shirts covered in drawings of metalworking tools, worn to identify the helpers. One event highlight was a runway fashion show that took place on the grand staircase inside the Philadelphia Museum of Art. New Jersey Metal Arts Guild own Jennifer Crupi, modeled her piece, Unguarded Gestures 1.
Several other NJMAG members attended as well. Go New Jersey!

No comments: